The empowered woman is Powerful beyond measure and Beautiful beyond description
The world sits up and talks about successful women. It’s almost an interesting phenomenon as the world treats these women rather uniquely; dare I say, as an anomaly. Let’s just put it out there…it’s not just high heels and makeup anymore.
We need more of a ‘can do’ attitude. Deep inside we all have an inner-strength and we need to find this and use it to reach our dreams. An overweight individual consciously makes the decision to change their lifestyle. Staying committed to a healthy eating plan and exercise routine is a change in mindset. It includes determination and commitment. It’s the same in the workplace. Actually it’s the same in any sphere of life. Know what you want and go for it. Write your own story.
We are all born with unique gifts and beauty that cannot be taken away, and we need to do what women do best and support one another and lift each other up to reach those big dreams.
Even the world leaders and other experts are adding flavor to this endeavour.
“When women succeed, nations are more safe, secure and prosperous.”
Barack Obama, 44th US President
“There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women.”
Kofi Annan, 7th UN Secretary General
“Empowering women is key to building a future we want.”
Amartya Sen, Nobel Prize Laureate in Economics
Don’t ever believe that you cannot do something. If you are someone who looks to blame the world for your shortcomings and lack of success…stop! There is one word to describe doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. That word is crazy. You cannot keep doing the same routine that isn’t moving you forward and just expect the world to hand you your success and freedom on a silver platter. Come on; that just isn’t realistic.
You need to change something. Change your thinking. Change your actions. Start to think outside of the box. Look at what is holding you back and do something about it. Stop looking outward for the answers and start to look inwards…see what you have and how you can use it.
People respond to women’s empowerment and their successes and they are interested to know how they got to where they are. When a woman is empowered, she is independent. She waits for no one. She alone is responsible for her own happiness.
If you are looking for financial freedom, there is a most definitely a way to get there no matter who you are. Go for it. If you want to set up a side hustle and earn some more moola part time, then do it. And even better, if you want to set up a passive income stream to allow you freedom and most importantly time to do the things you love with the people you love, you can do it!
Women in the Workplace
Taking a peek into the workplace, Forbes says that even though women hold 52% of professional jobs, the numbers dwindle when we look at leadership roles. One of the reasons is because women hold themselves back from advancement with self-imposed barriers.
What Holds Women Back
- A fear of failure. While men know their personal worth isn’t determined by professional failures, young women often fear that workplace missteps will cost them their job, reputation, and success.
- Family matters. Some women fear that employers will view them as vulnerable, inefficient, or unmotivated if they decide to start a family.
- An inferiority complex. Some women still believe that men are stronger leaders, have better ideas, and are more equipped to achieve success.
Three things you can do to break through your barriers
- Be yourself. Don’t be who you think other people want you to be, especially in the workplace, be yourself. If you want to wear pants, ten wear pants. If you want to talk about your family do so. If you are a friendly person by nature, be that person.
- Trust your instincts. Women really do have great intuition; use it.
- Embrace mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. That is not just a cliché, it is true. Making a mistake is the best learning opportunity and mistakes give you a chance to improve and grow. Love your mistakes, even if others don’t!
Each of us is different. We are as unique as a fingerprint and there is no other soul on the planet like us. When you scratch the surface and peel through the layers, that uniqueness will shine through. And it is beautiful. Celebrate your uniqueness.
Empower yourself by learning skills to create a passive income that will in turn create more freedom to do the things you love.
Come Along and Join the Tribe
No secret handshake required. Nothing to lose but Everything to Gain.