It could be:
* You want to leave the 9 to 5 and make yourself rich instead of someone else
* You want to pay off debt quicker
* You want to take your family on that dream holiday
* Your children have started school so you want to be creative with your mornings that are now free S
o you’ve taken the first step and decided you want to do something…..but WHAT?
COMING UP WITH THE IDEA
The question to you is: what you are passionate about?
Literally, almost anything can be turned into an idea. You will need to be creative and think out the box but that is a good thing. Technology and constant developments are there to help you. Even if you don’t know how they work yet.
Some people might know off the bat what their passion is and that is great, but if you don’t, that is fine too.
Chat to your family and friends – see what they think you are good at, what you talk about often or what you do well.
Often they see things that you can’t and that could be the thing that will literally change your life.
If that doesn’t work then get out into the world and try different things, read books, travel a little and see what it is that you love doing.
You might think it is one particular thing. You might start a business with this one thing. And over time this evolves and changes to something completely different – and that is fine. We change as we grow. Our passions change. It is fine if your business changes with you.
You could be an events planner, hairdresser, blogger, author – anything your heart desires and that makes you happy!
- Do you want to work in front of a computer for the whole day?
- Do you want to work with people or animals or completely on your own?
- Would you prefer to be indoors or outdoors?
- What jobs / where have you worked previously?
- What did you absoloutely love about previous jobs that you have done?
- What did you completely dislike about previous jobs?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What do you enjoy doing on weekends?
- What do other people say that you are good at?
- What skills do you have?
TALENTS AND SKILLS
For instance, you have a talent for ballet. On Sundays you are a Sunday school teacher and you have discovered that you love to teach and have a way of getting the children to listen to you. If you combined these two together, one possible idea is that you could become a ballet teacher.
Some traits that have proven to be common among successful business owners are motivation, self-reliance, perseverance, initiative, and the ability to deal with uncertainty. No-one is going to build your business for you the way that you want it to be built.
WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS IS RUNNING THROUGH YOUR MIND
1. You could either work from home for an employer and commute into the office on pre-arranged days. Is that what you really want? You need to be really disciplined to have set working hours and leave work at the end of the day. Spend family time with your family. It is very easy to quick check your emails, or send off a quote – but you will find you are working longer hours, your family will start to take strain and you won’t get paid any extra for this.
2. Working for yourself from home is different. This also depends what you are wanting to do. Are you a hairdresser and going to convert your garage into a hair salon? Are you a designer and will have set hours at home? I know many people who have started working at home and who have then rented an office outside of the home. At the end of the day you need to leave work at work.
3. Becoming an entrepreneur is another option. This is not simply working for yourself because by definition you are then self-employed. One of the reason people become entrepreneurs is to create freedom and a passive income for themselves. They start a business, get it up and running, employ people and they will collect an income. Yes they will have to attend meetings but that is completely different to sitting down for 8 to 10 hours working. Then they move on to the next one doing the same thing. And creating a second passive income stream.
TO SUM UP
The Girl Trader will help you discover your talents, enhance your business skills, come up with ideas and take your dream from an idea to reality.
Download the brain dump box to assist you discovering what your creative ideas might be for your business and get going!